- “Agreement” - this agreement between the Hirer and the Owner.
- “Hirer” – a person, firm, corporation or organisation hiring equipment from the Owner. Any person who signs this Agreement purportedly on behalf of the Hirer will be taken to have the full authority to sign on the Hirer’s behalf.
- “Owner” – BAM Party and Events
- “Equipment” – all material items supplied to the Hirer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Prices are for the nominated dates selected at the time of booking. If you require a longer booking this will need to be agreed by the Owner before the booking is made and may incur an extra charge. Failure to return equipment on the date selected or inability for the Owner to pick up equipment will incur a charge for any days beyond the agreed hire period.
- Delivery charges vary depending on the location.
- The company and/or person who has made the booking is liable for all payment. Payment is required to make the booking. No equipment will be booked until payment is made in full.
- The Owner may request a bond or credit card details to cover for any damages, loss, theft, cancellations, cleaning or inability to access the equipment at the agreed time. By making a booking you authorise for your credit card to be charged in the case that any equipment is damaged, lost, stolen, requires cleaning or the booking is cancelled or unable to be picked up.
- Cancelled bookings outside of a 48-hour period from the event date incur a non-refundable charge of 50%.
- Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the event incur a 100% non-refundable charge.
- Bookings that need to be rescheduled for any reason are subject to availability on the new date. If the booking cannot be rescheduled the cancellation policy in section 5 and 6 applies.
- While the equipment is checked and maintained regularly, occasionally equipment can fail. The Hirer agrees to exempt the Owner from the liability, loss or damage caused by the failure of equipment beyond our control.
- Where the Owner is responsible for delivery or installation, the Owner undertakes that it will use its best endeavours to make delivery and/or installation at the specified time but in the event that the Owner is unable for any reason to deliver or erect the specified equipment at the specified time, the Owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer.
- The Owner reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a booking if it is a safety risk to deliver or set up equipment.
- The Hirer takes full responsibility for the equipment once they take possession of the equipment. This is from the time it is delivered/picked up to the time it is collected/returned. The Hirer is liable for the replacement cost of any equipment that is stolen, goes missing or is damaged while it is in their possession. This includes damage caused by weather and vandalism.
- The Hirer is responsible for having someone available to take delivery of the equipment at the nominated date and time. If the Hirer fails to be there at that time an additional delivery fee will be charged to deliver the equipment at a later time.
- The Hirer must inspect and check all equipment and notify the Owner at the time of delivery if there is any equipment missing, damaged or unfit for use. Failure to do so will see the hirer responsible for any damages or missing equipment upon pick up.
- Any changes to this contract must be written and agreed by both Hirer and the Owner . Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between the Hirer and the Owner.
- The equipment remains the property of the Owner at all times. The Hirer may not transfer this contract to another party without written consent from the Owner.
- No warranty is provided by the Owner for the equipment’s fitness for any particular use. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we take no responsibility if the equipment cannot be used. In the event that weather damages our equipment, the Hirer will be responsible for any damages or losses.
- Payment of the invoice implies that this agreement has been read, understood and agreed to.
Last updated: May 2023